Purpose of the Role
To help create the most admired Company in the world by partnering with our teams to develop and support our people in a place where they love to work.
At Peak we are on a mission to make AI accessible for all businesses by providing them with the ability to drive value from their data. Just as importantly, we are also focused on building an amazing company - one where we truly value our people & culture, and strive to make an amazing place to work. Our recent placement in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to work for in the UK is testament to this.
We are a fast-paced innovative tech company and have ambitious plans this year to expand our operations and create a world leading tech business. To do so we need the best people and an environment our team love being a part of. That’s where you come in – you will be working in a world class culture to help us deliver our People strategy and, in particular, drive global learning and development initiatives across the whole company, to make a real difference.
This is an exciting time to be part of a growing People team in the early stages, as we start the next stage of our global growth. The role offers a huge opportunity to work in an environment open to new ideas and ways of working, and as the People team continues to grow, there will also be huge potential for development opportunities.
We’re flexible in what we’re looking for:
- Either an L&D professional who can take responsibility for driving a first class learning culture across Peak;
- Or an HR Generalist with a real interest and passion for L&D, and who’d like to lead on first class global L&D initiatives as part of a wider People Business Partner role.
You will work with other members of the People team and partner with managers across the business to achieve the following:
- Drive a culture of learning and development across Peak.
- Provide support to managers and work with them to translate business strategy in to their teams from a People perspective
- Ensure a culture of continuous feedback through the performance management process. Coach managers in the management of talent and under-performance.
- Support the development of a high performance culture.
- Support the development of the Peak culture by helping to measure engagement, make recommendations for improvements to ensure engagement remains high
- Identify learning and development needs and opportunities and ensure such needs are addressed, devising and delivering internal training sessions as necessary, and sourcing external support as appropriate.
- Support with the onboarding process for new joiners, ensuring their day one and beyond experience is a great one.
- Support the Talent team with a first-rate recruitment and selection process.
- Maintain knowledge of up-to-date employment trends. Make recommendations for Peak.
Peak's growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Open - approachable and friendly to all team members and new joiners to the business. Great at building relationships across the business.
- Straightforward - confident in delivering learning interventions in a clear and engaging style.
- Driven - strives to make improvements to the current way of working.
- Curious - looks for new ways to support the development of others.
- Smart - up-to-date knowledge of latest L&D trends.
- Responsible - excellent attention to detail and organisational skills. Integrity when handling confidential and sensitive personal information.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Recognised HR / L&D qualification.
- Strong experience in Learning and Development, either as an L&D professional or as part of a wider generalist HR role, and can be the learning expert across the business.
- Experience working as part of a global team, or in a fast-growing start-up or scale-up environment.
- Experience of working in a business partner role
- Great at building relationships with others across the business.
- Confident in designing and delivering clear and engaging training interventions.
- Passion for maintaining a great culture where people love to work, and ability to continuously make recommendations for improving the experience of team members.
- Opportunity to help scale Peak and make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions.
- Competitive compensation package, options, pension and generous holiday entitlement.
- A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, flat hierarchy and a truly collaborative style.
- Peak has a strong culture that we live by, based on shared values: we are open, straightforward, smart, responsible, curious and driven.
- Opportunity to influence Peak’s expansion.
- Learn from some of the best minds in the UK across multiple disciplines.
In an age when becoming AI and data-driven is one of the most important things businesses must do, it can also be one of the most challenging. That’s where Peak comes in; our AI System sits at the heart of our client’s businesses, enabling the rapid unification, modelling and - most importantly - use of data. All supported by our world-class data science team.
Headquartered in Manchester, Peak also has offices in London, Edinburgh, Jaipur and Brisbane. Our clients include established FTSE 250 retailers, manufacturers and well-known brands alongside highly innovative and tech-savvy businesses. Peak is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner, and holds Machine Learning Competency status. Find out a whole lot more on our website