Purpose of the Role
To guide the vision of Peak’s Insight offering and lead a team of Insight Data Scientists, providing support and guidance to the team, and building an insight capability that ensures Peak can successfully deliver Decision Intelligence to our customers.
You’ll work within the Data Science team as an Insight Team Leader, managing a team of Insight Data Scientists, and providing expertise to the projects they are working on. As well as supporting your team, you will work closely with customers & other teams at Peak to identify opportunities for Insight, and to help them deliver value from our data-driven recommendations. The role provides you with the opportunity to drive the strategy of our Insight offering and turn this into a reality within your team by defining new processes and best practices. You must have a track record of delivering high quality Insight, the ability to develop and support other members of a team, and a strategic mindset to further improve our Insight offering going forwards.
- Line management responsibility for a team of Insight Data Scientists. Act as a mentor for the team, sharing expertise to support their development, and ensure all customers receive high quality Insight work.
- Build the Insight team, finding exceptional talent and recruiting them to Peak
- Use expertise to define the objectives and approach to Insight projects, as well as reviewing the outputs to ensure a high standard
- Lead more challenging or bespoke Insight projects where Insight Data Scientists may require additional support
- Work closely with our customers, Customer Success and Sales to identify opportunities for Insight
- Prioritise and allocate resource to requests for Insight made by the Ops team
- Provide input into process, product and best practice improvements for Insight
- Increase the base-line competency of Insight work within the DS Ops team
- Implement processes and best practices for Insight and encourage adoption of these within your team
- Help increase Insight maturity in presales work
- Build a capability that can act with expertise within our industry verticals (Retail / Manufacturing / CPG), and across our solution domains (Customer / Demand / Supply)
- Actively contribute towards the Peak strategy, and ensure all team members are aware of, and working towards achieving, the strategy
- Represent Peak at appropriate events, sharing Insight expertise and the value of the Peak’s Insight offering
- Open - is happy to discuss ideas, contribute to others work, take on board feedback, work well in a tight-knit and supportive team and be comfortable with change. Identifies areas insight skills can be applied to assist other teams, and is willing to help.
- Driven - determined to help Peak succeed as a fast growing scale up technology company, by driving improvements in insight work. Can work under own initiative.
- Curious - always working to better understand our customers, their world, and their challenges, and how we can better help them (and communicate that well). Keen to develop your knowledge of different industries, what insight is useful in them, and how to communicate with different types of stakeholders.
- Smart - always willing to be able to back up opinions with solid reasoning, research and data. Can make our customers feel like we know their business through their data better than they do themselves.
- Responsible - Take ownership of a team, and responsibility for the tasks assigned to them. Supports their team, and wider Peak.
- Opportunity to make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions and influence Peak’s early success in entering the global market.
- Share options / Equity in Peak - Peak is our company, Peak is your company.
- Flexible culture - Hybrid working model (Clubhouse/Home) and flexible hours with work life balance in mind.
- 33 days annual leave, inclusive of bank holidays, rising with each year of service up to 38 days.
- Family leave benefits, including a world class maternity pay policy (more details here).
- A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, autonomous high performance culture and a truly collaborative style.
- Opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for 1 month of the year, after one years service.
- Mental and physical health support through a variety of channels, e.g., Headspace and Spill app subscriptions, online yoga/boxing/HIIT classes, regular team days and social activities.
- Cycle to work initiative and public transport season ticket loans.
- Working with cutting edge tech - you will develop skills and experience essential in the modern economy.
- Learn from like minded & talented team members across multiple disciplines.
- Opportunity to develop in various areas that you may take an interest in as part of your personal development.
Inclusion and Diversity at Peak
Our mission at Peak is to help businesses do great things with AI - we are the innovators, the disruptors and the gamechangers.
Diverse and inclusive companies will drive the fourth industrial revolution - and we will lead from the front.
Over the next 5 years, we need more than words to create a stronger company and a fairer society, which is why Peak is committed to not only creating an amazing place to work, but a diverse and inclusive one too.
We want to create awesome teams and leadership, where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their ideas to solve the complex problems for the companies and the communities we serve.
Founded in Manchester in 2015 by Richard Potter, David Leitch and Atul Sharma, Peak is on a mission to change the way the world works. We have offices in Manchester, London, Jaipur and Brisbane. Our decision intelligence platform provides businesses all over the world with AI-powered solutions that drive commercial outcomes.
Connecting data sets from across an organisation to provide predictive insight and recommended actions, the Peak platform directs fast and effective decision making. It is used by leading brands including Nike, Pepisco, KFC, Sika and PrettyLittleThing.
In August 2021, Peak announced a $75m Series C funding round led by SoftBank’s Vision Fund II. We have grown significantly over the last three years, and now number over 200 people globally. This year Peak received a Best Companies 3-star accreditation, which recognizes extraordinary levels of employee engagement and was ranked by The Sunday Times as one of the Best 100 Companies to Work For in 2020 and 2021.
Want to see more?
You can check some of our articles on Medium!