Peak is at the forefront of a new era for businesses; the artificial intelligence era. Peak enables some of the world’s leading businesses to put AI at the core of their business so that they can grow faster and achieve sustainable competitive advantage. We do this on the world’s first enterprise AI System.
We are looking for a skilled Data Architect to work as part of the wider Engineering team to ensure customer data is extracted, transformed and loaded onto the AI System in the most efficient way. You’ll work with some of the world’s leading businesses, helping them grow and become more efficient through AI.
Based in our wonderful Manchester office you’ll form part of a highly agile team in an exciting and interesting environment. As advanced AWS partners you’ll have access to the latest tech and develop skills at the cutting edge of developments in the Data and AI sectors.
- Assess data architecture maturity for Peak’s customers and advise them on data architecture and governance best practices.
- Evaluate and prescribe tools and technologies on Peak platform to suit the data integration and visualization requirements.
- Architect and design data systems required for harnessing the power of Decision Intelligence on Peak platform using relevant big data technologies.
- Design and build batch/streaming data pipelines using technology such as Apache Spark and Kafka.
- Build low maintenance, self reporting, self healing data integration processes.
- Mentor data engineers on big data technologies and data engineering
- Work with data scientists to introduce big data technology and methods to develop ML Algorithms or solve ML problems.
- Be a representative and pioneer for data engineering in Peak.
- Design and build scalable features inside Peak’s AI system.
- Keep updated with the latest developments in data engineering.
- Attend events and represent Peak in data engineering.
At Peak we believe in an open, transparent and friendly relationship with our clients and co-workers. As individuals, we are approachable and trustworthy; as a company, we are highly committed to our customers and employees. We listen to and gain a deep understanding of our customers’ needs. We take pride in our work, which is always of the utmost quality, and we are confident in our ability and expertise.
We are looking for colleagues who are:
- Open - shares success and improvements well across the business
- Driven – a strong work ethic to deliver real results for customers
- Curious - able to conceive and deliver unique solutions
- Smart – keeps up to date with the latest tech news, launches and product updates, market results and industry announcements
- Responsible - takes ownership and promotes responsibility in others
- Experience in consulting on data strategy and governance in customer facing roles
- Experience of building enterprise software products
- Experience in data architecture and organisation for various business domains like retail, manufacturing, packaged goods
- Experience in understanding and assessing maturity of data architecture and governance
- Experience in data modelling - translation business processes to optimal data structures.
- Experience in physical designing and building databases and data structures
- Experience in developing complex ETL data pipes using big data processing technologies such as Apache Spark, Storm, Flink, Beam etc.
- Experience in efficiently using queuing systems such as Apache Kafka, Pubsub, Kinesis etc.
- Experience in writing efficient and complex SQL queries.
- In depth understanding of best practices required for resilient and low maintenance ETL processes.
- In depth experience on any one of cloud platforms ( Amazon Web Services, Google or Azure)
It would also be nice if you had:
- Experience in building multi-tenant SaaS products or data platforms would be advantageous.
- A knowledge or interest in Machine Learning and AI would be advantageous
What we offer
- Opportunity to make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions and influence Peak’s early success in entering the global market.
- Share options / Equity in Peak - Peak is our company, Peak is your company
- 25 days annual leave when you start (rising with each year of service up to 30), plus 8 days public holidays (3 flexible days for you to use when convenient)
- A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, flat team structure and a truly collaborative style.
- Flexible culture - Hybrid working model (Clubhouse/Home) and flexible hours with work life balance in mind.
- Opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for 1 month of the year
- Great maternity leave benefits (more details here).
- Mental and physical health support through a variety of channels, e.g., Headspace and Spill app subscriptions, online yoga/boxing/HIIT classes, regular team days and social activities (online at the moment).
- Cycle to work initiative and public transport season ticket loans.
- Learn from like minded & talented team members across multiple disciplines.
- Opportunity to develop in various areas that you may take an interest in as part of your personal development.
Founded in Manchester in 2015 by Richard Potter, David Leitch and Atul Sharma, Peak is on a mission to change the way the world works. We have offices in Manchester, London, Jaipur and Brisbane. Our decision intelligence platform provides businesses all over the world with AI-powered solutions that drive commercial outcomes.
Connecting data sets from across an organisation to provide predictive insight and recommended actions, the Peak platform directs fast and effective decision making. It is used by leading brands including Nike, Pepisco, KFC, Sika and PrettyLittleThing.
In August 2021, Peak announced a $75m Series C funding round led by SoftBank’s Vision Fund II. We have grown significantly over the last three years, and now number over 200 people globally. This year Peak received a Best Companies 3-star accreditation, which recognizes extraordinary levels of employee engagement and was ranked by The Sunday Times as one of the Best 100 Companies to Work For in 2020 and 2021.
Find out a whole lot more on our website