Peak is a Decision Intelligence company - we are on a mission to help organisations use AI to make great commercial decisions, all the time. Just as importantly, we are also focused on building an amazing company - one where we truly value our people & culture, and strive to make an amazing and diverse place to work. Our recent Best Companies award & 3 star accreditation for being one of the top companies to work for is a testament to this.
We have ambitious plans over the coming years; to launch and lead a new category of technology (Decision Intelligence), expand our operations and create the best working culture possible. This is a great time to join Peak and the Engineering team, as we start the next stage of our global growth.
Diversity is powerful
At Peak, we are also focused on building an amazing company: we strive to be the place where a diverse team of talented people is enabled to do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing Decision Intelligence to our customers around the world, and we know our company relies on the creative work and dedication of our passionate teams. We are strong believers in equality and diversity of gender, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, religion, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us unique. Our recent Best Companies award & World class accreditation for being one of the top companies to work for is a testament to this.
Based in Manchester, you will be working on cutting edge technologies in a supportive and dynamic environment. Ultimately you are responsible for building the CODI and on-boarding new clients - this involves:
- Lead and run engineering squads to deliver cutting edge features
- Build and manage a high performance team, ensuring goal alignment and team motivation and satisfaction.
- Responsible for the development of others within the team.
- Ensure the efforts of the team are always aligned with the Product roadmap.
- Owner of quality and on time delivery from the engineering squads.
- Ensure quality requirements are identified and fulfilled.
- Support Product and other teams across the business to do feasibility checks on new features, provide high level estimates and better Feature Delivery.
- Ensure the best engineering practices suitable for Peak are adopted & followed
- Plan and lead successful Sprints and Retrospectives, improving performance each time.
- Support with finding, hiring and keeping a world class team of Engineers.
- Collaborate effectively with other Scrum teams to ensure the best outcome for the Engineering team as a whole.
- Actively demonstrate our values, and encourage and reward values-aligned behaviour in others.
Required Skills and Experience
- A very strong engineering background as a software engineer in a full stack environment.
- A strong communicator to keep the team engaged and aligned.
- Have the ability to build a team with high trust and psychological safety.
- Experienced in mentoring software engineers for their personal growth.
- Sound understanding of best engineering practices required to build a world class product.
- Demonstrable history of working closely with product managers, architects, and principal engineers to build scalable, reliable and highly available software by choosing the right technology and architecture.
- A true believer in Agile development and experienced in processes and technology to support agility.
- Great at breaking complex problems into smaller chunks and then bringing it back to solve the problem.
- A delivery oriented technology leader who focuses on quality and timely outcomes.
- A fast learner and somebody who believes that technology can make life easy for organisations and people.
- Nice to have : Product organisation
As well as doing great work we have created an award-winning, fun and exciting workplace that people love to be, we are looking for people to join us who share our values and are:
- Open - Always up for new ideas and able to take and give feedback in a positive way.
- Driven - sets high goals, doesn’t give up, and make sacrifices to ensure that their job gets done on time and meets/exceeds expectations.
- Curious - Aware of new technologies and uses them to make new improvements in the Engineering ecosystem.
- Smart - Innovative and thinks out of the box, in difficult situations finds a way to succeed no matter what
- Responsible - takes ownership of tasks given and has a strong work ethic.
What we offer
- Opportunity to make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions and influence Peak’s early success in entering the global market.
- Share options / Equity in Peak - Peak is our company, Peak is your company
- 25 days annual leave when you start (rising with each year of service up to 30), plus 8 days public holidays (3 flexible days for you to use when convenient)
- A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, flat team structure and a truly collaborative style.
- Flexible culture - Hybrid working model (Clubhouse/Home) and flexible hours with work life balance in mind.
- Opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for 1 month of the year
- Great maternity leave benefits (more details here).
- Mental and physical health support through a variety of channels, e.g., Headspace and Spill app subscriptions, online yoga/boxing/HIIT classes, regular team days and social activities (online at the moment).
- Cycle to work initiative and public transport season ticket loans.
- Learn from like minded & talented team members across multiple disciplines.
- Opportunity to develop in various areas that you may take an interest in as part of your personal development.
Founded in Manchester in 2015 by Richard Potter, David Leitch and Atul Sharma, Peak is on a mission to change the way the world works. We have offices in Manchester, London, Jaipur and Brisbane. Our decision intelligence platform provides businesses all over the world with AI-powered solutions that drive commercial outcomes.
Connecting data sets from across an organisation to provide predictive insight and recommended actions, the Peak platform directs fast and effective decision making. It is used by leading brands including Nike, Pepisco, KFC, Sika and PrettyLittleThing.
In August 2021, Peak announced a $75m Series C funding round led by SoftBank’s Vision Fund II. We have grown significantly over the last three years, and now number over 200 people globally. This year Peak received a Best Companies 3-star accreditation, which recognizes extraordinary levels of employee engagement and was ranked by The Sunday Times as one of the Best 100 Companies to Work For in 2020 and 2021.