Inclusion and Diversity at Peak
Our mission at Peak is to help businesses do great things with AI - we are the innovators, the disruptors and the gamechangers.
Diverse and inclusive companies will drive the fourth industrial revolution - and we will lead from the front.
Over the next 5 years, we need more than words to create a stronger company and a fairer society, which is why Peak are committed to not only creating an amazing place to work, but a diverse and inclusive one too.
We want to create awesome teams and leadership, where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their ideas to solve the complex problems for the companies and the communities we serve.
Peak are the Decision Intelligence company. We are on a mission to help organisations use AI to make great commercial decisions, all the time. Just as importantly, we are also focused on building an amazing company. One where we truly value our people & culture, and strive to make Peak an amazing and diverse place to work. Our recent Best Companies award & 3 star accreditation for being one of the top companies to work for is a testament to this.
We have ambitious plans over the coming years; to launch and lead a new category of technology (Decision Intelligence), expand our operations and create the best working culture possible. This is a great time to join Peak and the Legal team, as we start the next stage of our global growth.
To be a trusted advisor, who enhances decision making throughout the company and supports the success of Peak’s strategy
This is a fantastic opportunity to be an important part of a successful, fast growing, tech start-up. You’ll play a key role in scaling the Peak legal function to achieve our ambitious plans and help meet the challenges of global expansion.
This is a genuine opportunity to show the real value of lawyers in a company with a supportive and open culture.
- Working closely with our Legal team to provide sound, pragmatic solutions to supply chain related legal queries and risks, always remaining down to earth and communicating in plain English
- Engaging directly and building trusted relationships with other teams across Peak to draft and negotiate contracts with particular focus on those contracts with suppliers to all areas of the business such as Sales, Marketing and People teams,
- Keeping up to date with regulatory changes and proactively identifying risks to our business and solutions to eliminate or mitigate them
- Helping to set up agile processes and procedures, particularly in relation to procurement whilst maintaining template documents
- Involvement in our global expansion strategy as the supplier base grows geographically
- Assisting in monitoring the protection of the company’s intellectual property, including trademarks and patents worldwide
- Assisting as required in all commercial matters, including but not limited to customer contracts, NDAs and company secretarial
- Providing cross-team training as required
- Open - approachable in interactions with other teams within the business
- Driven - strive to ensure a best in class legal function
- Curious - explore ways in which we can develop our team’s day to day work to support the success of Peak’s strategy and optimise our efficiency in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Smart - an ability to see beyond the law and consider issues from different perspectives
- Responsible - take ownership of company wide and departmental OKRs
- Qualified solicitor (1 - 3 years’ PQE)
- Experience in an in-house role, ideally within a supply chain and procurement environment
- Active involvement as a member of the team with an ability to see beyond the legal role, simplify and communicate in a straightforward way (no legal jargon!) and take a pragmatic approach to legal risk
- Experience in negotiating B2B contracts with knowledge and application of intellectual property, GDPR, security information and SaaS related issues
- Experience of working on multi-jurisdictional matters and contract negotiations in other territories (e.g. US) and instructing external local counsel is desirable
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, with a can do and positive approach and driven to learn and develop (no job is too big or too small)
- Experience of building processes and procedures
- A natural self starter who can work independently and as part of a team
- Extremely organised with strong planning skills who is able to prioritise the demands of multiple teams and stakeholders across the business
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Opportunity to help scale Peak and make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions.
- Competitive compensation package, share options, pension and generous holiday entitlement.
- Working with cutting edge tech - you will develop skills and experience essential in the modern economy.
- A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, flat hierarchy and a truly collaborative style
Founded in Manchester in 2015 by Richard Potter, David Leitch and Atul Sharma, Peak is on a mission to change the way the world works. Peak’s decision intelligence platform provides businesses all over the world with AI-powered solutions that drive commercial outcomes.
Connecting data sets from across an organisation to provide predictive insight, the Peak platform directs fast and effective decision making. It is used by leading brands including Nike, Pepisco, KFC, Sika and PrettyLittleThing.
In August 2021, Peak announced a $75m Series C funding round led by SoftBank’s Vision Fund II. The company has grown significantly over the last three years, and now numbers 200 people globally. This year it received a Best Companies 3-star accreditation, which recognizes extraordinary levels of employee engagement and was ranked by The Sunday Times as one of the Best 100 Companies to Work For in 2020 and 2021.