Inclusion and Diversity at Peak
Our mission at Peak is to help businesses do great things with AI - we are the innovators, the disruptors and the gamechangers.
Diverse and inclusive companies will drive the fourth industrial revolution - and we will lead from the front.
Over the next 5 years, we need more than words to create a stronger company and a fairer society, which is why Peak are committed to not only creating an amazing place to work, but a diverse and inclusive one too.
We want to create awesome teams and leadership, where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their ideas to solve the complex problems for the companies and the communities we serve.
Peak are the Decision Intelligence company. We are on a mission to help organisations use AI to make great commercial decisions, all the time. Just as importantly, we are also focused on building an amazing company. One where we truly value our people & culture, and strive to make Peak an amazing and diverse place to work. Our recent Best Companies award & 3 star accreditation for being one of the top companies to work for is a testament to this.
We have ambitious plans over the coming years; to launch and lead a new category of technology (Decision Intelligence), expand our operations and create the best working culture possible. This is a great time to join Peak and the People team, as we start the next stage of our global growth.
Who says greatness is for the few? It’s in all of us. With the right tools we believe we are limitless...superhumans with our own unique superpowers! As a Learning Experience Designer (Data Science) at Peak you will enable the development of the world’s premier Data Science function, through designing highly engaging, interactive, impactful learning experiences, and creating clear development paths for Data Scientists of all levels of experience, giving team members the tools they need to achieve that ‘Peak feeling’ - the high when you reach new heights
Learning at Peak: Leaps, no bounds
In this role you will be part of something incredible, taking Peak to the next level as we build a world leading L&D department with the opportunity to work as part of a truly connected People team (L&D, Talent & People).
This is a great opportunity to build the learning and development framework for the Data Science team at the heart of the world’s leading Decision Intelligence company. You will define and set industry leading standards of Data Science educational excellence, acknowledging the cross functional nature of data science (pulling together everything from business understanding, to analytics, to ML, to dev ops) and the highly educated background of most people in the field
You will develop best practices in L&D within the people team and across multiple business areas with the freedom to be innovative and creative, shaping and defining your own role and focusing on your own growth and development as we scale whilst building long term relationships with stakeholders in both data science, as well as a People team dedicated to pushing the boundaries on People Intelligence.
- Work with internal stakeholders to scope learning outcomes, design content and develop our learning plans, that cover both core and advanced content in all of business, software development, and computational modelling (covering a range of topics across stats, ML, and optimisation)
- Work closely with Data Science management to define clear development paths for Data Scientists of all experience levels, and interested in different career paths (e.g. management vs. technical paths)
- Maintain a deep understanding of what it means to be Peak, our culture, values and business and develop learning experiences that help team members leverage these tools to achieve their objectives
- Design, build and help facilitate train-the-trainer knowledge transfer sessions for new programs as required, and support facilitators
- Work with other departments outside Data Science at times to support key business initiatives
- Work with subject matter experts and use instructional design principles to script, storyboard and deploy effective blended learning solutions (classroom and digital)
- Use data gathered from stakeholders across the business to design data driven learning solutions
- Utilise tools for course design and development and adhere to brand guides and quality standards for unified and consistent learning experience
- Facilitate on occasion key learning programs in either a physical classroom or virtual setting, including the launch of any pilot programs
- Be responsible for auditing and updating all learning materials related to business areas supported, as well as general L&D materials
- Support the other areas of the wider People team (Talent & People) in creating content, videos and collateral
- Keep up to date of new developments in the future of learning, learning experience design, and learning analytics through continuous research
- Open - Open to new ideas and ways of working, embraces a feedback culture and is a true champion of change
- Driven - Has a real passion for learning, helping others develop and delivering learning solutions of the highest quality
- Curious - The ability to be creative and innovative when designing learning solutions, has the drive to want to try something new and exciting
- Smart - Able to suggest and implement great solutions with stakeholders, to be a SME on learning experience design
- Responsible - Trusted to deliver on time, manage priorities and be accountable for results
- Previous experience in creating training programmes and providing learning support for Data Science teams
- Ability to build development frameworks for Data Scientists to help managers create progression plans
- Ability to engage with stakeholders and scope multiple learning requirements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate difficult concepts and processes using clear and simple language and visuals
- Experience with Authoring Tools (e.g. Articulate Storyline, Premiere Pro, Photoshop) and working with a Learning Management System (LMS)
- Previous experience storyboarding, scripting and developing solutions with experience designing learning paths and resources
- The ability to prioritise requests in a fast paced work environment based on business and needs and manage own workload
- The drive to be truly ‘learner focused’, putting the learner at the heart of all development initiatives
What we offer
- Opportunity to make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions and influence Peak’s early success in entering the global market.
- Share options / Equity in Peak - Peak is our company, Peak is your company
- 25 days annual leave when you start (rising with each year of service up to 30), plus 8 days public holidays (3 flexible days for you to use when convenient)
- A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, flat team structure and a truly collaborative style.
- Flexible culture - Hybrid working model (Clubhouse/Home) and flexible hours with work life balance in mind.
- Opportunity to work from anywhere in the world for 1 month of the year
- Great maternity leave benefits (more details here).
- Mental and physical health support through a variety of channels, e.g., Headspace and Spill app subscriptions, online yoga/boxing/HIIT classes, regular team days and social activities (online at the moment).
- Cycle to work initiative and public transport season ticket loans.
- Learn from like minded & talented team members across multiple disciplines.
- Opportunity to develop in various areas that you may take an interest in as part of your personal development.
Peak is the pioneer of a new category of enterprise software, Decision Intelligence; the commercial application of AI to optimize business performance. Decision Intelligence allows companies to fulfill their potential, and grow revenues and profits. Peak’s platform is used by leading brands across industries such as retail, CPG, direct-to-consumer, construction and manufacturing. Peak’s customers include Nike, PepsiCo, KFC, PrettyLittleThing, Superdry and CJ Group.
Peak has been named a Gartner ‘Cool Vendor’ for AI in retail, and was also named in The 10 Best Technology Companies to Work for 2021 with the Best Companies 3-star ‘World Class’ accreditation, which recognizes extraordinary levels of employee engagement. Peak is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Retail Competency Partner and Machine Learning Competency Partner, and is ISO 27001 accredited.