Peak is a Decision Intelligence company - we are on a mission to help organisations use AI to make great commercial decisions, all the time. Just as importantly, we are also focused on building an amazing company - one where we truly value our people & culture, and strive to make an amazing and diverse place to work. Our recent Best Companies award & 3 star accreditation for being one of the top companies to work for is a testament to this.
We have ambitious plans over the coming years; to launch and lead a new category of technology (Decision Intelligence), expand our operations and create the best working culture possible. This is a great time to join Peak and the Engineering team, as we start the next stage of our global growth.
Based in Pune you will be working on cutting edge technologies in a supportive and dynamic environment. Ultimately you are responsible for building the CODI and on-boarding new clients - this involves:
- Lead and run engineering squads to deliver cutting edge features
- Build and manage a high performance team, ensuring goal alignment and team satisfaction.
- Responsible for the development of others within the team.
- Make sure the engineering squad is motivated and engaged. .
- Ensure the efforts of the team are always aligned with the Product roadmap.
- Owner of quality and on time delivery from the engineering squads.
- Ensure quality requirements are identified and fulfilled.
- Support Product and other teams across the business to do feasibility checks on new features, provide high level estimates and better Feature Delivery.
- Ensure the best engineering practices suitable for Peak are adopted & followed
- Plan and lead successful Sprints and Retrospectives, improving performance each time.
- Support with finding, hiring and keeping a world class team of Engineers.
- Collaborate effectively with other Scrum teams to ensure the best outcome for the Engineering team as a whole.
- Actively demonstrate our values, and encourage and reward values-aligned behaviour in others.
Required Skills and Experience
- A very strong engineering background as a software engineer in a full stack environment.
- A strong communicator to keep the team engaged and aligned.
- Have the ability to build a team with high trust and psychological safety.
- Experienced in mentoring software engineers for their personal growth.
- Sound understanding of best engineering practices required to build a world class product.
- Demonstrable history of working closely with product managers, architects, and principal engineers to build a scalable, reliable and highly available software by choosing the right technology and architecture.
- A true believer in Agile development and experienced in process and technology to support agility.
- Great at breaking complex problems in smaller chunks and then bringing it back to solve the problem.
- A delivery oriented technology leader who focuses on quality and timely outcomes.
- A fast learner and somebody who believes that technology can make life easy for organisations and people.
- Nice to have : Product organisation
As well as doing great work we have created an award-winning, fun and exciting workplace that people love to be, we are looking for people to join us who share our values and are:
- Open - Always up for new ideas and able to take and give feedback in a positive way.
- Driven - sets high goals, doesn’t give up, and make sacrifices to ensure that their job gets done on time and meets/exceeds expectations.
- Curious - Aware of new technologies and uses them to make new improvements in the Engineering ecosystem.
- Smart - Innovative and thinks out of the box, in difficult situations finds a way to succeed no matter what
- Responsible - takes ownership of tasks given and has a strong work ethic.
- Opportunity to help scale Peak and make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions.
- The competitive compensation package, share options, pension, and generous holiday entitlement.
- A fantastic working environment with open communication channels and a truly collaborative style.
- Peak has a strong culture that we live by, based on shared values: we are open, straightforward, smart, responsible, curious, and driven.
- Learn from like-minded and talented individuals across multiple disciplines.
In an age when becoming AI and data-driven is one of the most important things businesses must do, it can also be one of the most challenging. That’s where Peak comes in; our CODI system sits at the heart of our client’s businesses, enabling the rapid unification, modelling and - most importantly - use of data - helping decision makers make great commercial decisions, powered by AI. All supported by our world-class data science team.
Founded in 2014, Peak has grown rapidly, in line with the world’s fastest growing SaaS companies, winning numerous awards and attracted significant funding to support the company’s ongoing investment in machine learning and AI technologies. All to further our mission to become the world’s leading AI System business.
Headquartered in Manchester, Peak also has offices in London, Edinburgh, Jaipur. Our clients include some of the world's leading retailers, manufacturers and well-known brands alongside highly innovative and tech-savvy businesses. Peak is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner, and holds Machine Learning Competency and Retail Competency status.
Find out a whole lot more on our website