Purpose of the Role
We are looking for an inspirational Head of People to join our team in India (Jaipur/ Pune) and help us achieve our goal of becoming the most admired company to work for. We are truly passionate about our people and we are looking for someone who can help lead on attracting, developing and building our teams.
At Peak, we are on a mission to make AI accessible for all businesses by providing them with the ability to drive value from their data. Just as importantly, we are also focused on building an amazing company - one where we truly value our people & culture and strive to make an amazing place to work.
We have ambitious plans over the coming year to expand our operations, capture a new market, and create the best working culture possible. That’s where you come in – we are looking for someone to help us deliver our People & Talent strategy and, in particular, drive strategic initiatives across the whole company, to make a real difference.
This is a great time to be part of a growing People & Talent team in the early stages, as we start the next stage of our global growth. There will be a huge opportunity to work in an environment open to new ideas and ways of working and as the People & Talent team continues to grow, there will also be potential for development opportunities.
We’re looking for an experienced HR / Talent leader with a real interest and passion in developing a high-performance team and culture.
You’ll work with other members of the People & Talent team across all of Peak’s offices to achieve the following:
- Build and protect the Peak culture as we grow. Champion our core values, and make suggestions for how we can best instill these throughout the employee experience for the local India team
- Act as a source of support for the CTO and managers within the India office, leading on people matters in India and providing ongoing coaching and support.
- Maintain knowledge of up-to-date employment legislation in India and be the leading adviser in that area for the People team. Keep up to date with current employment trends and make recommendations for Peak.
- Help in developing and promoting Peak as a talent brand across India.
- Support the Head of Talent with hiring strategies for India and share suggestions of areas to invest in.
- Support the development of the Peak culture by helping to measure engagement, and making recommendations for improvements to ensure engagement remains high.
- Support the development of a high-performance culture across all teams in the India office.
- Ensure a culture of continuous feedback through the performance management process. Coach managers in the management of talent and under-performance.
- Identify learning and development needs and opportunities and ensure such needs are addressed, devising and delivering internal training sessions as necessary, and sourcing external support as appropriate.
- Ensure that Peak offers an attractive and fair reward package. Suggest and introduce new benefits for the India team and support the annual pay review and bonus process.
- Ensure a seamless onboarding process for new joiners which is aligned with the UK, and makes the day one and beyond experience a great one. Ensure the offboarding process is comprehensive and aligned with the UK, and advise and support the People Manager with contract changes.
- Continually review HR policies, procedures, and documentation for the India office to ensure they remain compliant. Implement and communicate any changes.
- Support the Talent team with a first-rate recruitment and selection process.
- Help to build and protect Peak’s employer brand in the local marketplace, through networking, thought leadership opportunities and attending and hosting events.
- Seek ways to ensure external recognition for Peak’s commitment to our people, through awards and accreditations.
- Work closely with the global People team to ensure consistency and knowledge sharing, and provide cover for other offices as required.
- Track diversity and inclusion statistics and support with D&I initiatives.
- Ensure the HR & ATS Systems for the India team are kept up to date
Peak's growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Open - approachable and friendly to all team members and new joiners to the business. Great at building relationships across the business.
- Driven - strives to make improvements to the current way of working.
- Curious - looks for new ways to support the development of others and development of our talent strategy, and maintains up-to-date knowledge of the latest HR, People & Talent trends.
- Responsible - excellent attention to detail and organisational skills. Integrity when handling confidential and sensitive personal information. Prepared to take on any ad hoc HR tasks needed to ensure there’s consistent great delivery from the team.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Recognised HR qualification.
- Strong experience in a Lead HR / Talent role with an emphasis on up-skilling teams.
- Experience working as part of a global team, or in a fast-growing start-up or scale-up environment.
- Experience in performance management, reward, learning and development, recruitment and selection, diversity and inclusion, and employee engagement.
- Great at building relationships with others across the business, and of working as part of a management team.
- Sound understanding of local employment law, to be able to act as the expert across the business.
- Confident in designing and delivering training sessions to upskill managers in people management skills, such as 121s and feedback, absence management, coaching skills.
- A focus on culture where people love to work, and the ability to continuously make recommendations for improving the experience of team members and increasing our brand visibility.
- Opportunity to help scale Peak and make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions.
- Competitive compensation package, options, pension, and generous holiday entitlement.
- A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, flat hierarchy, and a truly collaborative style.
- Peak has a strong culture that we live by, based on shared values: we are open, straightforward, smart, responsible, curious, and driven.
- Opportunity to influence Peak’s expansion.
- Learn from some of the best minds across multiple disciplines.
Peak is the pioneer of a new category of enterprise software, Decision Intelligence; the commercial application of AI to optimize business performance. Decision Intelligence allows companies to fulfill their potential, and grow revenues and profits. Peak’s platform is used by leading brands across industries such as retail, CPG, direct-to-consumer, construction and manufacturing. Peak’s customers include Nike, PepsiCo, KFC, PrettyLittleThing, Superdry and CJ Group.
Peak has been named a Gartner ‘Cool Vendor’ for AI in retail, and was also named in The 10 Best Technology Companies to Work for 2021 with the Best Companies 3-star ‘World Class’ accreditation, which recognizes extraordinary levels of employee engagement. Peak is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Retail Competency Partner and Machine Learning Competency Partner, and is ISO 27001 accredited.
Find out a whole lot more on our website