Peak are a Decision Intelligence company - we are on a mission to help organisations use AI to make great commercial decisions, all the time. Just as importantly, we are also focused on building an amazing company - one where we truly value our people & culture, and strive to make an amazing and diverse place to work. Our recent Best Companies award & 3 star accreditation for being one of the top companies to work for is a testament to this.
We have ambitious plans over the coming years; to launch and lead a new category of technology (Decision Intelligence), expand our operations and create the best working culture possible. This is a great time to join Peak and the People team, as we start the next stage of our global growth.
To help create the most admired Company in the world through building and developing world class teams in a place where people love to work.
As the People Operations Manager you’ll work within a Company that truly values people and culture, and strives to make it an amazing place to work. You’ll be part of a growing people team, with huge potential for development as the team grows.
You’ll have exposure to the full range of HR disciplines and this will be an opportunity to take responsibility for our people processes, make a difference by continuously improving them and work as part of a global team.
- Be the first point of contact for the Peak team for all employee engagement and events matters
- Coordinate all UK team engagements with the support of the people team and Wellbeing & Social committee. Schedule and plan events ranging from Friday stand ups, socials to quarterly events and end of year celebrations, in alignment with the India office.
- Issue birthday and work anniversary gifts to the team and arrange the appropriate birthday and anniversary messages with the managers.
- Work with the Talent team and People BP to issue all offer documentation and complete all pre employment checks.
- Support the L&D manager with onboarding by issuing the pre-joiner packs, scheduling all onboarding sessions and sharing responsibility for hosting People team inductions
- Support the L&D Manager with arrangements for any training workshops including sending invitations, organising rooms/venues, communicating with external trainers and organising required resources
- Support the People BPs with the scheduling and actions required from their check ins with colleagues
- Ensure probationary, 121s and return to work meetings take place. Track the meetings and remind managers when a meeting is required. Ensure a record is kept of the meetings; raising areas of concern as required to the People BP in relation to these meetings
- Provide and design regular reports for the Business Partners as required, and support them to identify any areas of concerns
- Manage and maintain the tracker for value award allocations and employee referrals ensuring that rewards are issued
- Support the People BP with any employee relations matters such as note taking or fact finding
- Help support the Head of Talent on creating a social media content calendar based around key dates and events.
- Support the People team with new initiatives and lead on them where possible
- Provide ex-employee / rental / mortgage references as required.
- Actively seek opportunities to promote Peak and Peak’s roles and culture in the market. Positively represent Peak in the market and take part in events and marketing campaigns as required.
- Track and celebrate work anniversaries and birthdays across the business.
- Support the development of the Peak culture by helping to measure engagement through conversations with the team, and creating an office environment which everyone loves to work in; making suggestions for changes and improvements.
- Be the creative soul of the team. Conduct competitor research and identify improved new ways of working.
- Open - approachable and friendly to all team members and new joiners to the business.
- Driven - a self-starter eager to learn new skills and become involved in people initiatives across the business.
- Curious - offers suggestions for improvements to current processes and takes responsibility for implementing them.
- Smart - excellent attention to detail and organisational skills. Endeavours to find solutions to any challenges. Thinks creatively about employee engagement.
- Responsible - integrity when handling confidential and sensitive personal information.
- Administrative experience in a commercial environment, ideally within an HR team
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Great IT skills, i.e experience creating and maintaining documents in Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office.
- Positive approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growth environment.
- Confident in communicating with candidates and team members at all levels.
- Experience and enjoyment of organising events and socials
- Opportunity to help scale Peak and make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions.
- Competitive compensation package, share options, pension and generous holiday entitlement.
- Working with cutting edge tech - you will develop skills and experience essential in the modern economy.
- A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, flat hierarchy and a truly collaborative style.
Inclusion and Diversity at Peak
Our mission at Peak is to help businesses do great things with AI - we are the innovators, the disruptors and the game changers. Diverse and inclusive companies will drive the fourth industrial revolution - and we will lead from the front.
Over the next 5 years, we need more than words to create a stronger company and a fairer society, which is why Peak are committed to not only creating an amazing place to work, but a diverse and inclusive one too.
We want to create awesome teams and leadership, where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their ideas to solve the complex problems for the companies and the communities we serve.
In an age when becoming AI and data-driven is one of the most important things businesses must do, it can also be one of the most challenging. That’s where Peak comes in; our CODI system sits at the heart of our client’s businesses, enabling the rapid unification, modelling and - most importantly - use of data - helping decision makers make great commercial decisions, powered by AI. All supported by our world-class data science team.
Founded in 2014, Peak has grown rapidly, in line with the world’s fastest growing SaaS companies, winning numerous awards and attracted significant funding to support the company’s ongoing investment in machine learning and AI technologies. All to further our mission to become the world’s leading AI System business.
Headquartered in Manchester, Peak also has offices in London, Edinburgh, Jaipur and Brisbane. Our clients include some of the world's leading retailers, manufacturers and well-known brands alongside highly innovative and tech-savvy businesses.
Peak is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner, and holds Machine Learning Competency and Retail Competency status.