Peak are a Decision Intelligence company - we are on a mission to help organisations use AI to make great commercial decisions, all the time. Just as importantly, we are also focused on building an amazing company - one where we truly value our people & culture, and strive to make an amazing and diverse place to work. Our recent Best Companies awards & 3 star accreditation for being one of the top companies to work for is a testament to this.
We have ambitious plans over the coming years; to launch and lead a new category of technology (Decision Intelligence), expand our operations and create the best working culture possible. This is a great time to join Peak and the Legal team, as we start the next stage of our global growth.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be an important part of a successful, fast growing, tech start-up. You will play a key role in scaling the Peak legal function to achieve our ambitious plans and help meet the challenges of global expansion.
This is a genuine opportunity to show the real value of lawyers in a company with a supportive and open culture.
To be a trusted advisor, who enhances decision making throughout the company and supports the success of Peak’s strategy.
- Working closely with our legal team (currently head of legal and junior counsel) to provide sound, pragmatic solutions to legal queries and risks, always remaining down to earth and communicating in plain English
- Engaging directly and building trusted relationships with other teams across Peak, including sales and marketing, to draft and negotiate our B2B customer and partner contracts and support on ongoing workstreams
- Assisting with company secretarial tasks including involvement in the company share option scheme
- Keeping up to date with regulatory changes and proactively identifying risks to our business and solutions to eliminate or mitigate them
- Helping to set up agile processes and procedures whilst maintaining template documents
- Involvement in our global expansion strategy
- Assisting in monitoring the protection of the company’s intellectual property, including trademarks and patents worldwide
- Assisting as required in corporate matters, including future fundraising, investor relations and joint ventures
- Providing cross-team training as required
- Open - approachable in interactions with other teams within the business
- Driven - strive to ensure best in class SaaS performance across the business
- Curious - explore ways in which we can develop our team’s day to day work to support the success of Peak’s strategy
- Smart - an ability to see beyond the law and consider issues from different perspectives
- Responsible - take ownership of company wide and departmental OKRs
- Qualified solicitor (3 - 8 years PQE)
- Experience in an in-house role, ideally within a SaaS environment or if currently in private practice, experience with or secondment to SaaS clients
- Active involvement as a member of the team with an ability to see beyond the legal role, simplify and communicate in a straightforward way (no legal jargon!) and take a pragmatic approach to legal risk
- Experience in negotiating B2B contracts with knowledge and application of intellectual property, GDPR, security information and SaaS related issues
- Experience of working on multi-jurisdictional matters and contract negotiations in other territories (e.g. US) is desirable
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, with a can do and positive approach and driven to learn and develop (no job is too big or too small)
- Experience of building processes and procedures
- A natural self starter who can work independently and as part of a team
- Extremely organised with strong planning skills
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
- Opportunity to help scale Peak and make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions.
- Competitive compensation package, share options, pension and generous holiday entitlement.
- Working with cutting edge tech - you will develop skills and experience essential in the modern economy.
- A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, flat hierarchy and a truly collaborative style.
In an age when becoming AI and data-driven is one of the most important things businesses must do, it can also be one of the most challenging. That’s where Peak comes in; our CODI system sits at the heart of our client’s businesses, enabling the rapid unification, modelling and - most importantly - use of data - helping decision makers make great commercial decisions, powered by AI. All supported by our world-class data science team.
Founded in 2014, Peak has grown rapidly, in line with the world’s fastest growing SaaS companies, winning numerous awards and attracted significant funding to support the company’s ongoing investment in machine learning and AI technologies. All to further our mission to become the world’s leading AI System business.
Headquartered in Manchester, Peak also has offices in London, Edinburgh, Jaipur and Brisbane. Our clients include some of the world's leading retailers, manufacturers and well-known brands alongside highly innovative and tech-savvy businesses. Peak is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner, and holds Machine Learning Competency and Retail Competency status.