Purpose of the Role
To lead a team of Data Scientists, providing support and guidance to the team, and providing strategic Data Science expertise that ensures Peak can successfully deliver Decision Intelligence to our customers.
You’ll work within the Data Science team as a Data Science Team Leader, managing a team of Data Scientists, and providing expertise to the projects they are working on. As well as supporting your team, you will work closely with customers & other teams at Peak to define the theoretical and technical approach to projects to maximize the value of our solutions for our customers. The role provides you with the opportunity to drive the strategy of the Data Science team and turn this into a reality within your team by improving processes and best practices. You must have a track record of delivering high quality Data Science projects, a passion for developing and supporting a team to perform at its very best, and a strategic mindset to further improve the Data Science team going forwards.
- Line management responsibility for a team of Data Scientists. Act as a mentor for the team, sharing expertise to support their development, and ensure all customers receive high quality Data Science work.
- Work within Ops project delivery teams (with Data Scientists and Customer Success) to define the theoretical and technical approach to projects with the goal of maximizing value for our customers.
- Ensure Data Science outputs within your team meet a high standard; this includes modelling approaches, robustness of solutions and communication with customers (e.g. presentations).
- Identify, mitigate and escalate risks with customer projects when required & proactively work with others to resolve these issues
- Support Sales to identify opportunities in Data Science for our prospects, using your expertise from the industry verticals and/or solution domains of projects you oversee.
- Provide input to the Product and Engineering teams to support the build of CODI and generalization of our solutions.
- Prioritise and allocate resource within your team of Data Scientists to ensure projects are delivered on time & work with other Team Leaders to resolve resource requests across the team.
- Provide input into process and best practice improvements for the Data Science team & implement and encourage adoption of best practices within your team.
- Help to build the Data Science team, finding exceptional talent and recruiting them to Peak.
- Lead or contribute to strategic initiatives within the Data Science team that will enable the team to achieve our key results.
- Actively contribute towards the Peak strategy, and ensure all team members are aware of, and working towards achieving the strategy.
- Represent Peak at appropriate events, sharing Data Science expertise and the value of the Peak’s Data Science offering.
- Open - Happy to discuss ideas, contribute to others’ work, take on board feedback, work well in a tight-knit and supportive team and be comfortable with change. Identifies areas Data Science skills can be applied to assist other teams, and is willing to help. Communicates Data Science and other ideas clearly and effectively to internal and external stakeholders.
- Driven - Determined to help Peak succeed as a fast growing scale up technology company, by driving improvements in Data Science work. Can work under own initiative.
- Curious - Always working to better understand our customers, their world, and their challenges, and how we can better help them (and communicate that well). Keen to develop your knowledge of different businesses, what solutions are useful to them, and how to communicate with different types of stakeholders.
- Smart - Always willing to be able to back up opinions with solid reasoning, research and data. Can make our customers feel like we know their business through their data better than they do themselves. Expert in Data Science methods used to solve projects within your team and can confidently adapt and innovate with these approaches to support Data Scientists to solve new problems.
- Responsible - Takes ownership of a team, and responsibility for the tasks assigned to them. Supports their team, and wider Peak.
- Opportunity to help scale Peak and make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions.
- Competitive compensation package, pension and generous holiday entitlement.
- Peak is our company, Peak is your company - everyone at Peak is offered best in class share options when they join.
- Working with cutting edge tech - you will develop skills and experience essential in the modern economy.
- A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, flat hierarchy and a truly collaborative style.
In an age when becoming AI and data-driven is one of the most important things businesses must do, it can also be one of the most challenging. That’s where Peak comes in; our CODI system sits at the heart of our client’s businesses, enabling the rapid unification, modelling and - most importantly - use of data - helping decision makers make great commercial decisions, powered by AI. All supported by our world-class data science team.
Founded in 2014, Peak has grown rapidly, in line with the world’s fastest growing SaaS companies, winning numerous awards and attracted significant funding to support the company’s ongoing investment in machine learning and AI technologies. All to further our mission to become the world’s leading AI System business.
Headquartered in Manchester, Peak also has offices in London, Edinburgh, Jaipur and Brisbane. Our clients include some of the world's leading retailers, manufacturers and well-known brands alongside highly innovative and tech-savvy businesses. Peak is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner, and holds Machine Learning Competency and Retail Competency status.