At Peak we are on a mission to make AI accessible for all businesses by providing them with the ability to drive value from their data. Just as importantly, we are also focused on building an amazing company - one where we truly value our people & culture, and strive to make an amazing and diverse place to work. Our recent Best Companies award & 3 star accreditation for being one of the top companies to work for is a testament to this.
We have ambitious plans over the coming years; to capture a large part of this new market, expand our operations and create the best working culture possible. This is a great time to join Peak, as we start the next stage of our global growth.
The product team is responsible for shaping the direction of our system, CODI, as we aim to enable some of the world's leading brands to harness Decision Intelligence to deliver AI-driven. outcomes across their value chain.
Peak is changing the way businesses make decisions by harnessing the power of CODI, our Decision Intelligence System. CODI introduces new and exciting ways of working that provides users with ‘superhuman abilities through leveraging data, AI and connecting decision making across business functions. To make this work, Peak needs a UX designer capable of infusing user-centricity into every aspect of our system. To help Peak delight our customers and, essentially, transform how they work.
- Ensure a customer-centric and design-centric approach is embraced in the ongoing development of CODI, creating a best-in-class user experience.
- Identify opportunities to improve the user experience of CODI and take an active role in making it happen.
- Increase and reinforce UX awareness across Peak, particularly in the product, engineering and customer operations teams.
- Take a leading role in delivering every aspect of the UX process
- Conduct user research to identify current pain points and future needs.
- Synthesise user research into recommendations of how to improve the usability, function and design of CODI.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to integrate UX recommendations into features on the product roadmap.
- Partner with marketing to ensure there is a strong, consistent and appropriate use of Peak design and brand elements in CODI’s user interface.
- Take responsibility for maintaining the standard UX/UI guidelines. Develop a ‘house style’ that is unique to Peak.
- Prototype UI designs to validate your ideas with internal/external stakeholders and to handover to Product and Engineering.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering on the UX touchpoints throughout the product development lifecycle .
Skills & Experience
We are building a world class Product team in the UK and are looking for a first principle thinker with a broad range of UX skills, and the ambition to work on a cutting edge product.
- Demonstrable track record of UX innovation in B2B Saas products, in a product based company or design agency.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to engage, empathise and collaborate with a diverse range of stakeholders internally and externally.
- Experience of successfully applying a range of techniques to observe and capture insightful user feedback (e.g. workshops, surveys, usage analytics).
- Strong written and presentation skills, with the ability to synthesise user feedback into a cohesive and compelling set of UX recommendations.
- Strong practical UI design skills, including proficiency in UI design tools such as Sketch or Adobe XD.
- Passionate about good design, with an attention to detail, quality and accuracy.
- Proactive and self motivated mindset, capable of delivering consistently high quality work in a fast-paced setting.
- A naturally inquisitive and problem-solving mindset.
- Experience of working with teams spread across multiple locations and from a range of cultural backgrounds.
Advantageous Skills and Experience:
- Familiar with working in an agile product development environment.
- Experience supporting or training junior UX designers.
- Any familiarity with the technology we use (AI, data analytics cloud tech) or the industries we serve (retail, CPG, manufacturing) is advantageous, but not essential.
You’ll be part of a multidisciplinary product team full of smart, diverse and inquisitive people on a mission to create a ground-breaking product. You will also need to collaborate right across Peak, from data science to customer success to sales to ensure user-centricity is suffused into every aspect of what Peak delivers.
We’re on a big mission at Peak ‘to be the global leaders of AI’ and we need teammates with some particular values to help us make this happen:
- Open - Always up for new ideas and able to take and give feedback in a positive way.
- Straightforward - Deal with colleagues in an open and transparent manner. Appreciates team work and able to raising concerns if required
- Driven - sets high goals, doesn’t give up or make sacrifices to ensure that their job gets done on time and meets/exceeds expectations.
- Curious - obsessed with understanding the needs of a broad range of users, what motivates them and what they need to be successful
- Smart - Innovative and thinks out of the box, in difficult situations finds a way to succeed no matter what
- Responsible - takes ownership of tasks given and has strong work ethics.
- Opportunity to help scale Peak and make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions.
- Competitive compensation package - options, pension, generous holiday entitlement, subsidised gym membership
- Regular team days and social activities
- Cycle to work initiative and public transport season ticket loans
- A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, flat hierarchy and a truly collaborative style.
- Peak has a strong culture that we live by, based on shared values: we are open, straightforward, smart, responsible, curious and driven.
- Opportunity to influence Peak’s early success in entering the global market.
- Learn from some of the best minds in the UK and India across multiple disciplines.
In an age when becoming AI and data-driven is one of the most important things businesses must do, it can also be one of the most challenging. That’s where Peak comes in; our AI System sits at the heart of our client’s businesses, enabling the rapid unification, modelling and - most importantly - use of data. All supported by our world-class data science team.
Founded in 2014, Peak has grown rapidly, in line with the world’s fastest growing SaaS companies, winning numerous awards and attracted significant funding to support the company’s ongoing investment in machine learning and AI technologies. All to further our mission to become the world’s leading AI System business.
Headquartered in Manchester, Peak also has offices in London, Edinburgh, Jaipur and Brisbane. Our clients include some of the world's leading retailers, manufacturers and well-known brands alongside highly innovative and tech-savvy businesses. Peak is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner, and holds Machine Learning Competency and Retail Competency status.
What to see more?
You can check some of our articles on Medium!