Peak is a Decision Intelligence company - we are on a mission to help organisations use AI to make great commercial decisions, all the time. Just as importantly, we are also focused on building an amazing company - one where we truly value our people & culture, and strive to make an amazing and diverse place to work. Our recent Best Companies award & 3 star accreditation for being one of the top companies to work for is a testament to this.
We have ambitious plans over the coming years; to launch and lead a new category of technology (Decision Intelligence), expand our operations and create the best working culture possible. This is a great time to join Peak and the Engineering team, as we start the next stage of our global growth.
You’ll be working with cutting edge technologies leading a highly collaborative team to grow Peak into a global tech leader.
- Leading the Platform Engineering teams to develop platform features in the AIS. Ensuring the AIS is a SaaS system empowering data scientists to deploy ML in production fast.
- Lead from front to make AIS is a multi tenant, API first, secure and scalable product.
- Helping the Product and Data Science teams to define core platform features.
- Providing technical leadership to the Engineering teams building the platform Features.
- Recruiting, mentoring and developing a high performance Engineering team. Identifying key competency gaps and facilitating training for the Engineering team.
- Researching, designing and writing new applications and features.
- Take calls or help engineers on tech and design issues when required
- Collaborating with Engineers and Data Science teams to help select the right technologies. Take decisions on technology choices and best-in-breed relevant software for use with Data and AI technologies.
- Contribute to the product road map, run and lead spikes and design sprints to help the Product team to define features.
- Effective communication across the business to showcase Platform Engineering product and capability.
- Consulting clients and colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of AI software systems.
- Continually updating your technical knowledge and skills.
- Building and maintaining relationships in the AI and Data community which help Peak to increase awareness about it’s product, capability and team.
- Manage and mentor engineering managers and architects.
- Support CTO to implement best agility practices in Peak.
- Lead Engineering initiatives to improve coding and design standards
Peak uses a range of modern tech that requires a diverse skill set. A willingness to learn and a natural curiosity about tech is essential and some experience of the following would be great:
- A track record in product development , with proficiency in software engineering, Micro services architecture and application architecture.
- Expertise in multi tenant SaaS products, APIs, CI/CD, Kubernetes, Docker.
- The ability to effectively share knowledge with colleagues in data science and Engineering and represent Peak externally as appropriate.
- Line management and mentoring experience to lead a team.
- Knowledge and experience in building products which process data for multiple tenants using the same product.
- Strong experience in collaborating with technical and non technical teams.
- Any experience in SOC2 certification is nice to have.
- Strong communication skills to explain the big picture to customers and non technical colleagues. Ability to present complex ideas to people who may not have a deep understanding of the subject area.
- Ability and experience of working in an agile environment to deliver high quality product features in a fast moving startup. Self-motivated and can work towards a common vision with little oversight.
- Broad technical interests along with a deep knowledge of a particular field such as computer vision, data science and machine learning, advanced computing, and autonomy and artificial intelligence.
You’ll be working with a smart and driven team of engineers, with a diverse background of devops, data engineering, full stack development, system administration and product support. You’ll also work closely with other teams such as Data Science and Customer Success making sure that customer operations run smoothly.
The Peak Platform
Leveraging serverless architecture, CODI is built for handling data at scale. CODI enables businesses to productionize AI, end-to-end, in a single platform. Insights and intelligence can be accessed via an array of outputs including in-built and custom apps, integrated via APIs and more.
You can read more about CODI on our website too.
As an AWS Machine Learning and Retail competency partner, that is where we host our infrastructure. Be ready to dive into the inner workings of the platform to debug and resolve issues, we want our Engineers to be as autonomous and self-sufficient as they can be, continuously learning and getting practical experience of our favourite technologies.
We’re on a big mission at Peak ‘to be the global leaders of AI’ and we need teammates with the some particular values-driven qualities to help us make this happen:
- Open - ability to effectively communicate with all teammates and across different functions within the business.
- Straightforward - outcome focused with a long term vision.
- Driven - positive attitude and willingness to be hands on in a fast paced growing company.
- Curious - keeps up to date with latest tech, launches and product updates.
- Smart - ability to provide technical solutions and deliver results by collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Responsible - effectively balance competing priorities and support decisions that best support the team & end users.
- Opportunity to help scale Peak and make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions.
- Competitive compensation package - options, pension, generous holiday entitlement, subsidised gym membership
- Regular team days and social activities
- Cycle to work initiative and public transport season ticket loans
- A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, flat hierarchy and a truly collaborative style.
- Peak has a strong culture that we live by, based on shared values: we are open, straightforward, smart, responsible, curious and driven.
- Opportunity to influence Peak’s early success in entering the global market.
- Learn from some of the best minds in the UK and India across multiple disciplines.
In an age when becoming AI and data-driven is one of the most important things businesses must do, it can also be one of the most challenging. That’s where Peak comes in; our CODI system sits at the heart of our client’s businesses, enabling the rapid unification, modelling and - most importantly - use of data - helping decision makers make great commercial decisions, powered by AI. All supported by our world-class data science team.
Founded in 2014, Peak has grown rapidly, in line with the world’s fastest growing SaaS companies, winning numerous awards and attracted significant funding to support the company’s ongoing investment in machine learning and AI technologies. All to further our mission to become the world’s leading AI System business.
Headquartered in Manchester, Peak also has offices in London, Edinburgh, Jaipur and Brisbane. Our clients include some of the world's leading retailers, manufacturers and well-known brands alongside highly innovative and tech-savvy businesses. Peak is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner, and holds Machine Learning Competency and Retail Competency status.
What to see more?
You can check some of our articles on Medium!