Peak is a Decision Intelligence company - we are on a mission to help organisations use AI to make great commercial decisions, all the time. Just as importantly, we are also focused on building an amazing company - one where we truly value our people & culture, and strive to make an amazing and diverse place to work. Our recent Best Companies award & 3 star accreditation for being one of the top companies to work for is a testament to this.
We have ambitious plans over the coming years; to launch and lead a new category of technology (Decision Intelligence), expand our operations and create the best working culture possible. This is a great time to join Peak and the Engineering team, as we start the next stage of our global growth.
Based in Manchester, you’ll be working with cutting edge technologies in a collaborative team where everyone’s input is valued. You will create programs and algorithms that enable machines to take action without being directed. You’ll be encouraged to explore new tech and bring fresh ideas to the table.
Building an AI System at Peak involves:
- Research to identify the latest available algorithms in the world of machine learning and analyze the typical construct for them to work.
- Introduce new features in AI systems so that machine learning tools/technologies are backed by best practices such as intelligent API/infrastructure management, A/B testing, Model management or any other best practice to put ML in production systems.
- Understand and use computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, computability and complexity, and computer architecture
- use exceptional mathematical skills, in order to perform computations and work with the algorithms involved in this type of programming
- Build data & model pipelines and collaborate with data engineers
- manage the infrastructure and data pipelines needed to bring code to production
- demonstrate an end-to-end understanding of applications (including, but not limited to, the machine learning algorithms) being created
- build algorithms based on statistical modeling procedures and build and maintain scalable machine learning solutions in production
- use data modeling and evaluation strategy to find patterns and predict unseen instances
- research and implement best practices to improve the existing machine learning infrastructure
- provide support to engineers and product managers in implementing machine learning in the product
- Working closely with colleagues within the Engineering and Data Science teams in the UK and India, to analyse business problems, clarify requirements, define the scope, share knowledge, and collaborate.
- Consulting clients and colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems.
- Continually updating your technical knowledge and skills.
Skills & Experience
We’d love to see someone who can demonstrate:
- In-depth knowledge of machine learning - supervised unsupervised, self-supervised algorithms.
- Interest and understanding of the latest machine learning techniques like transfer learning, MDP/POMDP, reinforcement learning, generative adversarial networks, sequence to sequence modeling, etc., and their applications in engineering and businesses.
- Building and designing distributed ML systems for business intelligence reporting as well as transactional processing.
- In-depth understanding of AI model creation flow, AI model metrics
- Experience in applying machine learning algorithms and libraries like ScikitLearn, Tensorflow, Keras, Pytorch
- Microservices architecture - both designing and implementing.
- Ability to work with data payloads of various sizes (few bytes/high frequency to few gigabytes/low frequency)
- Knowledge of building APIs in Python
- Performance tuning of ML systems
- Experience working with agile methodologies.
- Good at managing customer & colleague expectations and working towards achieving team deadlines and goals.
- Excellent teamwork with the ability to coach others.
- Interest in learning new technologies and the ability to pick these up quickly.
- A logical, analytical, and creative approach to problem-solving.
You’ll be working with a smart and driven team of engineers, with a diverse background of devops, data engineering, full stack development, system administration and product support. You’ll also work closely with other teams such as Data Science and Customer Success making sure that customer operations run smoothly.
The Peak Platform
Leveraging serverless architecture, CODI is built for handling data at scale. CODI enables businesses to productionize AI, end-to-end, in a single platform. Insights and intelligence can be accessed via an array of outputs including in-built and custom apps, integrated via APIs and more.
You can read more about CODI on our website too.
As an AWS Machine Learning and Retail competency partner, that is where we host our infrastructure. Be ready to dive into the inner workings of the platform to debug and resolve issues, we want our Engineers to be as autonomous and self-sufficient as they can be, continuously learning and getting practical experience of our favourite technologies.
We’re on a big mission at Peak ‘to be the global leaders of AI’ and we need teammates with the some particular values-driven qualities to help us make this happen:
- Open - ability to effectively communicate with all teammates and across different functions within the business.
- Straightforward - outcome focused with a long term vision.
- Driven - positive attitude and willingness to be hands on in a fast paced growing company.
- Curious - keeps up to date with latest tech, launches and product updates.
- Smart - ability to provide technical solutions and deliver results by collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Responsible - effectively balance competing priorities and support decisions that best support the team & end users.
- Opportunity to help scale Peak and make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions.
- Competitive compensation package - options, pension, generous holiday entitlement, subsidised gym membership
- Regular team days and social activities
- Cycle to work initiative and public transport season ticket loans
- A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, flat hierarchy and a truly collaborative style.
- Peak has a strong culture that we live by, based on shared values: we are open, straightforward, smart, responsible, curious and driven.
- Opportunity to influence Peak’s early success in entering the global market.
- Learn from some of the best minds in the UK and India across multiple disciplines.
In an age when becoming AI and data-driven is one of the most important things businesses must do, it can also be one of the most challenging. That’s where Peak comes in; our CODI system sits at the heart of our client’s businesses, enabling the rapid unification, modelling and - most importantly - use of data - helping decision makers make great commercial decisions, powered by AI. All supported by our world-class data science team.
Founded in 2014, Peak has grown rapidly, in line with the world’s fastest growing SaaS companies, winning numerous awards and attracted significant funding to support the company’s ongoing investment in machine learning and AI technologies. All to further our mission to become the world’s leading AI System business.
Headquartered in Manchester, Peak also has offices in London, Edinburgh, Jaipur and Brisbane. Our clients include some of the world's leading retailers, manufacturers and well-known brands alongside highly innovative and tech-savvy businesses. Peak is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner, and holds Machine Learning Competency and Retail Competency status.
What to see more?
You can check some of our articles on Medium!