Purpose of the Role
To help create the most admired Company in the world by partnering with our teams to develop and support our people in a place where they love to work.
At Peak we are on a mission to make AI accessible for all businesses by providing them with the ability to drive value from their data. Just as importantly, we are also focused on building an amazing company - one where we truly value our people & culture, and strive to make an amazing place to work. Our recent placement in the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to work for in the UK is testament to this.
We are a fast-paced innovative tech company and have ambitious plans this year to expand our operations and create a world leading tech business. To do so we need the best people and an environment our team love being a part of. That’s where you come in – you will be working in a world class culture to help us deliver our People strategy and, in particular, help deliver a business partnering model to help Peak scale globally.
This is an exciting time to be part of a growing People team in the early stages, as we start the next stage of our global growth. The role offers a huge opportunity to work in an environment open to new ideas and ways of working, and as the People team continues to grow, there will also be huge potential for development opportunities.
You will work with other members of the People team and partner with managers across the business to achieve the following:
- Build and protect the Peak culture as we grow. Champion our core values, and make suggestions for how we can best instill these throughout the employee experience
- Act as a source of support for managers within the UK, supporting with all people matters and providing ongoing coaching and support.
- Provide support to managers and work with them to translate business strategy in to their teams from a People perspective
- Support the development of the Peak culture by helping to measure engagement, and making recommendations for improvements to ensure engagement remains high.
- Support the development of a sustainable high-performance culture across all teams in the UK
- Ensure a culture of continuous feedback through the performance management process.
- Ensure that Peak offers an attractive and fair reward package.
- Manage the onboarding process for new joiners, from ensuring new team members receive appropriate documents, conducting the necessary background checks, and making their day one and beyond experience a great one. Manage the processes for contractual changes and offboarding.
- Continually review HR policies, procedures, and documentation for the UK to ensure they remain compliant. Implement and communicate any changes.
- Support the Talent team with a first-rate recruitment and selection process.
- Help to build and protect Peak’s employer brand in the local marketplace, through networking and thought leadership opportunities.
- Seek ways to ensure external recognition for Peak’s commitment to our people, through awards and accreditations.
- Maintain knowledge of up-to-date employment legislation and current employment trends. Make recommendations for Peak.
- Work closely with the global People team to ensure consistency and knowledge sharing, and provide cover for other offices as required.
- Track diversity and inclusion statistics and support with D&I initiatives.
- Maintain HR Systems to reflect any changes within the wider teams.
Peak's growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Open - approachable and friendly to all team members and new joiners to the business. Great at building relationships across the business.
- Straightforward - confident in delivering learning interventions in a clear and engaging style.
- Driven - strives to make improvements to the current way of working.
- Curious - looks for new ways to support the development of others.
- Smart - up-to-date knowledge of latest L&D trends.
- Responsible - excellent attention to detail and organisational skills. Integrity when handling confidential and sensitive personal information.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Recognised HR qualification.
- Strong experience in a generalist HR role, with a particular focus on business partnering
- Experience working as part of a global team, or in a fast-growing start-up or scale-up environment.
- Great at building relationships with others across the business.
- Confident in designing and delivering clear and engaging training interventions.
- Passion for maintaining a great culture where people love to work, and ability to continuously make recommendations for improving the experience of team members.
- Opportunity to help scale Peak and make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions.
- Competitive compensation package, options, pension and generous holiday entitlement.
- A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, flat hierarchy and a truly collaborative style.
- Peak has a strong culture that we live by, based on shared values: we are open, straightforward, smart, responsible, curious and driven.
- Opportunity to influence Peak’s expansion.
- Learn from some of the best minds in the UK across multiple disciplines.
In an age when becoming AI and data-driven is one of the most important things businesses must do, it can also be one of the most challenging. That’s where Peak comes in; our AI System sits at the heart of our client’s businesses, enabling the rapid unification, modelling and - most importantly - use of data. All supported by our world-class data science team.
Headquartered in Manchester, Peak also has offices in London, Edinburgh, Jaipur and Brisbane. Our clients include established FTSE 250 retailers, manufacturers and well-known brands alongside highly innovative and tech-savvy businesses. Peak is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner, and holds Machine Learning Competency status.