Inclusion and Diversity at Peak
Our mission at Peak is to help businesses do great things with AI - we are the innovators, the disruptors and the gamechangers.
Diverse and inclusive companies will drive the fourth industrial revolution - and we will lead from the front.
Over the next 5 years, we need more than words to create a stronger company and a fairer society, which is why Peak are committed to not only creating an amazing place to work, but a diverse and inclusive one too.
We want to create awesome teams and leadership, where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and their ideas to solve the complex problems for the companies and the communities we serve.
Peak are the Decision Intelligence company. We are on a mission to help organisations use AI to make great commercial decisions, all the time. Just as importantly, we are also focused on building an amazing company. One where we truly value our people & culture, and strive to make Peak an amazing and diverse place to work. Our recent Best Companies award & 3 star accreditation for being one of the top companies to work for is a testament to this.
We have ambitious plans over the coming years; to launch and lead a new category of technology (Decision Intelligence), expand our operations and create the best working culture possible. This is a great time to join Peak and the People team, as we start the next stage of our global growth.
Purpose of the Role
To help create the most admired Company in the world by partnering with our teams to develop and support our people in a place where they love to work.
You will work with other members of the People team and partner with managers across the business to achieve the following:
- Build and protect the Peak culture as we grow. Champion our core values, and make suggestions for how we can best instill these throughout the employee experience
- Act as a source of support for managers within the UK, supporting with all people matters and providing ongoing coaching and support.
- Provide support to managers and work with them to translate business strategy in to their teams from a People perspective
- Support the development of the Peak culture by helping to measure engagement, and making recommendations for improvements to ensure engagement remains high.
- Support the development of a sustainable high-performance culture across all teams in the UK
- Ensure a culture of continuous feedback through the performance management process.
- Ensure that Peak offers an attractive and fair reward package.
- Manage the onboarding process for new joiners, from ensuring new team members receive appropriate documents, conducting the necessary background checks, and making their day one and beyond experience a great one. Manage the processes for contractual changes and offboarding.
- Continually review HR policies, procedures, and documentation for the UK to ensure they remain compliant. Implement and communicate any changes.
- Support the Talent team with a first-rate recruitment and selection process.
- Help to build and protect Peak’s employer brand in the local marketplace, through networking and thought leadership opportunities.
- Seek ways to ensure external recognition for Peak’s commitment to our people, through awards and accreditations.
- Maintain knowledge of up-to-date employment legislation and current employment trends. Make recommendations for Peak.
- Work closely with the global People team to ensure consistency and knowledge sharing, and provide cover for other offices as required.
- Track diversity and inclusion statistics and support with D&I initiatives.
- Maintain HR Systems to reflect any changes within the wider teams.
Peak's growth has been fuelled by our values that underpin everything we do, here's how they relate to this role:
- Open - approachable and friendly to all team members and new joiners to the business. Great at building relationships across the business.
- Driven - strives to make improvements to the current way of working.
- Curious - looks for new ways to support the development of others.
- Smart - up-to-date knowledge of latest L&D trends.
- Responsible - excellent attention to detail and organisational skills. Integrity when handling confidential and sensitive personal information.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Recognised HR qualification.
- Strong experience in a generalist HR role, with a particular focus on business partnering
- Experience working as part of a global team, or in a fast-growing start-up or scale-up environment.
- Great at building relationships with others across the business.
- Confident in designing and delivering clear and engaging training interventions.
- Passion for maintaining a great culture where people love to work, and ability to continuously make recommendations for improving the experience of team members.
- Opportunity to help scale Peak and make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions.
- Competitive compensation package, options, pension and generous holiday entitlement.
- A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, flat hierarchy and a truly collaborative style.
- Peak has a strong culture that we live by, based on shared values: we are open, straightforward, smart, responsible, curious and driven.
- Opportunity to influence Peak’s expansion.
- Learn from some of the best minds in the UK across multiple disciplines.
Peak is the pioneer of a new category of enterprise software, Decision Intelligence; the commercial application of AI to optimize business performance. Decision Intelligence allows companies to fulfill their potential, and grow revenues and profits. Peak’s platform is used by leading brands across industries such as retail, CPG, direct-to-consumer, construction and manufacturing. Peak’s customers include Nike, PepsiCo, KFC, PrettyLittleThing, Superdry and CJ Group.
Peak has been named a Gartner ‘Cool Vendor’ for AI in retail, and was also named in The 10 Best Technology Companies to Work for 2021 with the Best Companies 3-star ‘World Class’ accreditation, which recognizes extraordinary levels of employee engagement. Peak is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Retail Competency Partner and Machine Learning Competency Partner, and is ISO 27001 accredited.