Founded in 2014, Peak has grown rapidly, in line with the world’s fastest growing SaaS companies. We’ve won numerous awards and attracted significant funding to support the company’s mission of building the most important enterprise SaaS business of the intelligence era.
Peak enables some of the world’s leading companies to put AI at the forefront of their development, so that they can grow faster and achieve a sustainable competitive advantage. We do this on the World’s first enterprise AI System.
The platform incorporates machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms to revolutionise the way companies use their data.
Peak are an advanced AWS partner, as such you will get exposure to new tools and support to study AWS and cloud tech qualifications etc. Day to day you'll work with leaders in the data and AI fields, learning cutting edge skills vital in the modern economy.
Engineers at Peak are bridging the gap between traditional software engineering and the emerging world of AI. Our engineers spend their time building the Peak AI System and delivering AI solutions to leading global brands, revolutionising the way they use their data. Our team are natural problem solvers who are developing industry-leading skills and using cutting-edge tech. Self development is supported, both through our advanced partnership with AWS and through experimenting with new tech and processes. All in an award-winning, highly collaborative environment...
- Researching, designing and writing new applications and features for the AIS
- Working closely with colleagues within the Engineering and Data Science teams to share knowledge and collaborate
- Continually updating your technical knowledge and skills to ensure Peak are using the most relevant tools and techniques
- Supporting the onboarding of new clients to the AIS
- Creating technical specifications and test plans.
- Writing and testing code - refining and rewriting as necessary.
- Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects.
- Consulting clients and colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems.
- Investigating new technologies and advanced in cloud tech.
- Coaching and mentoring other team members to support their development.
Required Skills and Experience:
We are building a team of world class engineers in the UK and essentially we are looking for bright, talented engineers looking to work at the cutting edge of practical AI.
- Acquired strong proven professional programming experience.
- Proven track record and experience working as a Full Stack Senior Software Engineer.
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD) and different testing frameworks such as Jest and React Testing Library.
- Building and implementing a product on cloud based infrastructure.
- Good understanding of Microservice Architecture, Cloud Technologies, CI/CD and Serverless.
- Experience with at least one of the following Database systems - RDBMS and NoSQL.
- Ability to document requirements and specifications.
- A naturally inquisitive and problem-solving mindset.
- Strong experience in using Agile Methodologies such as Kanban or Scrum to build quality software.
- Strong command of Design Patterns and Product Architectural Design.
- Good communication skills.
Advantageous Skills and Experience:
- Experience in using TypeScript, Go, Kubernetes or GraphQL.
- Good understanding of Docker, DevOps Principles and preferably AWS.
- AWS Certified or a desire to pursue Professional Accreditation.
- Previous experience working in a Product based company and involved in scaling a platform.
- Strong command on Algorithms and Data structures.
- Open source contributions.
As well as doing great work we have created an award winning, fun and exciting workplace that people love to be, we are looking for people to join us who share our values and are:
- Open - Always up for new ideas and able to take and give feedback in a positive way.
- Straightforward - Deal with colleagues in an open and transparent manner. Appreciates team work and able to raising concerns if required
- Driven - sets high goals, doesn’t give up and make sacrifices to ensure that their job gets done on time and meets/exceeds expectations.
- Curious - Aware of new technologies and uses them to make new improvements in the Engineering ecosystem.
- Smart - Innovative and thinks out of the box, in difficult situations finds a way to succeed no matter what
- Responsible - takes ownership of tasks given and has strong work ethics.
Headquartered in Manchester, Peak also has offices in Jaipur, London, Edinburgh and Brisbane. Our clients include established FTSE 250 retailers, manufacturers and well-known brands alongside highly innovative and tech-savvy businesses.
Peak is an Advanced Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner and holds Machine Learning Competency status.