Our team are natural problem solvers who are developing industry-leading skills and using cutting-edge tech. Self development is supported, both through our advanced partnership with AWS and through experimenting with new tech and processes. All in an award-winning, highly collaborative environment...
Peak are a Decision Intelligence company - where we are democratising AI for every business and building a great company that everyone loves being part of. We are on a mission to help organisations use AI to make great commercial decisions, all the time. Just as importantly, we are also focused on building an amazing company: one where we truly value our people & culture, and strive to make an amazing and diverse place to work. Our recent Best Companies award & World class accreditation for being one of the top companies to work for is a testament to this.
We have ambitious plans over the coming years - to create and lead a new category of enterprise software; the decision intelligence system (Decision Intelligence), expand our operations and create the best working culture possible. This is a great time to join Peak and the Engineering team, as we start the next stage of our global growth.
Engineers at Peak are bridging the gap between traditional software engineering and the emerging world of AI. Our engineers spend their time building CODI, the Peak AI System, and delivering AI solutions to leading global brands, revolutionising the way they use their data.
- Researching, designing and writing new applications and features for CODI
- Working closely with colleagues within the Engineering and Data Science teams to share knowledge and collaborate
- Continually updating your technical knowledge and skills to ensure Peak are using the most relevant tools and techniques
- Supporting the onboarding of new clients to CODI
- Creating technical specifications and test plans.
- Writing and testing code - refining and rewriting as necessary.
- Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects.
- Consulting clients and colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems.
- Investigating new technologies and advanced in cloud tech.
- Coaching and mentoring other team members to support their development.
Skills & Experience
- Acquired strong proven professional programming experience.
- Proven track record and experience working as a Full Stack Software Engineer.
- Understanding of Microservices Architecture, Cloud Technologies, CI/CD and Serverless.
- Experience with at least one of the following Database systems - RDBMS and NoSQL.
- A naturally inquisitive and problem-solving mindset.
- Strong experience in using Agile Methodologies such as Kanban or Scrum to build quality software.
- Strong command of Design Patterns and Product Architectural Design.
- Good communication skills.
Advantageous Skills and Experience:
- Experience in using TypeScript, Go, Kubernetes or GraphQL.
- Good understanding of Docker, DevOps Principles and preferably AWS.
- AWS Certified or a desire to pursue Professional Accreditation.
- Previous experience working in a Product based company and involved in scaling a platform.
- Building and implementing a product on cloud based infrastructure.
- Strong command on Algorithms and Data structures.
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD) and different testing frameworks such as Jest and React Testing Library.
- Open source contributions.
We’re on a big mission at Peak ‘to be the global leaders of AI’ and we need teammates with the some particular values-driven qualities to help us make this happen:
- Open - Always up for new ideas and able to take and give feedback in a positive way.
- Driven - sets high goals, doesn’t give up and make sacrifices to ensure that their job gets done on time and meets/exceeds expectations.
- Curious - Aware of new technologies and uses them to make new improvements in the Engineering ecosystem.
- Smart - Innovative and thinks out of the box, in difficult situations finds a way to succeed no matter what
- Responsible - takes ownership of tasks given and has strong work ethics.
- Opportunity to help scale Peak and make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions.
- Competitive compensation package - pension, generous holiday entitlement, subsidised gym membership
- Peak is our company, Peak is your company - everyone at Peak is offered best in class share options when they join
- Regular team days and social activities
- Cycle to work initiative and public transport season ticket loans
- A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, flat hierarchy and a truly collaborative style.
- Peak has a strong culture that we live by, based on shared values: we are open, straightforward, smart, responsible, curious and driven.
- Opportunity to influence Peak’s early success in entering the global market.
- Learn from some of the best minds in the UK and India across multiple disciplines.
Want to see more?
You can check some of our articles on medium!