Peak is at the forefront of a new era for businesses; the artificial intelligence era. Peak enables some of the world’s leading businesses to put AI at the core of their business so that they can grow faster and achieve sustainable competitive advantage. We do this on the world’s first enterprise AI System.
We are looking for a skilled Big Data Architect to work as part of the wider Engineering team to ensure client data is extracted, transformed, and loaded onto the AI System in the most efficient way. You’ll work with some of the world’s leading businesses, helping them grow and become more efficient through AI.
Based in Jaipur & Pune you’ll form part of a highly agile team in an exciting and interesting environment. As advanced AWS partners, you’ll have access to the latest tech and develop skills at the cutting edge of developments in the Data and AI sectors.
- Architect and Design data pipelines on Cloud using big data technology for a multi-tenant SaaS product.
- Build and optimize batch and data streaming data pipelines using technology such as Apache Spark and Kafka.
- Build low maintenance, self-reporting, self-healing data integration processes.
- Evaluate new tools and technologies to suit the data integration and visualization requirements.
- Work with Product Managers to understand business requirements and translate those into technical requirements that can be understood easily by junior data engineers.
- Mentor data engineers on big data technologies and data engineering
- Work with data scientists to introduce big data technology and methods to develop ML Algorithms or solve ML problems.
- Be a representative and pioneer for data engineering in Peak.
- Design and build scalable features inside Peak’s AI system.
- Keep updated with the latest developments in data engineering.
- Attend events and represent Peak in data engineering.
At Peak, we believe in an open, transparent and friendly relationship with our clients and co-workers. As individuals, we are approachable and trustworthy; as a company, we are highly committed to our customers and employees. We listen to and gain a deep understanding of our customers’ needs. We take pride in our work, which is always of the utmost quality, and we are confident in our ability and expertise.
We are looking for colleagues who are:
- Open - shares success and improvements well across the business
- Straightforward – deals with colleagues and customers in an open and transparent manner
- Driven – a strong work ethic to deliver real results for customers
- Curious - able to conceive and deliver unique solutions
- Smart – keeps up to date with the latest tech news, launches and product updates, market results, and industry announcements
- Responsible - take ownership and promotes responsibility in others
- Experience of building enterprise software products
- Experience in data modeling - translation business processes to optimal data structures.
- Experience in physical designing and building databases and data structures
- Experience in developing complex ETL data pipes using big data processing technologies such as Apache Spark, Storm, Flink, Beam, etc.
- Experience in efficiently using queuing systems such as Apache Kafka, Pubsub, Kinesis, etc.
- Experience in writing efficient and complex SQL queries.
- In-depth understanding of best practices required for resilient and low maintenance ETL processes.
- In-depth experience on any one of cloud platforms ( Amazon Web Services, Google or Azure)
- Must: Good communication skills in English.
- Experience in building multi-tenant SaaS products or data platforms would be advantageous.
- A knowledge or interest in Machine Learning and AI would be advantageous
- Opportunity to help scale Peak and make a large impact in a fast-growing company with global ambitions
- The competitive compensation package, share options, pension, and generous holiday entitlement
- Working with cutting edge tech - you will develop skills and experience essential in the modern economy
- A fantastic working environment with open communication channels, flat hierarchy, and a truly collaborative style
- Peak has a strong culture that we live by, based on shared values: we are open, straightforward, smart, responsible, curious and driven
Founded in 2014, Peak has grown rapidly, in line with the world’s fastest-growing SaaS companies, winning numerous awards and attracted significant funding to support the company’s ongoing investment in machine learning and AI technologies. All to further our mission to become the world’s leading AI System business.
Headquartered in Manchester, Peak also has offices in London, Edinburgh, Jaipur, and Brisbane. Our clients include established FTSE 250 retailers, manufacturers, and well-known brands alongside highly innovative and tech-savvy businesses.
Peak is an Advanced Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner and holds Machine Learning Competency status.
Find out a whole lot more on our website